Monday 24 July 2023

Simple Stories - Boho Sunshine - Slide into Summer

Today I have a project to share using the Boho Sunshine collection from Simple Stories. This summery collection is described by Simple Stories as being a " whimsical collection filled with good vibes, rainbows and sunshine. A hipster collection filled with all of the goodness of summer and “be happy” thoughts". I couldn't agree more! It's such a bright, happy collection.

For this layout I chose to use photos taken at a funfair in the summer of 1973.


I teamed the bright colours in the collection with black and matted all the papers I used with smooth black cardstock. I started by matting a sheet of the Groovy paper, which had been trimmed to 11"x11" and then machine stitched round the edges with black thread,


I printed four photos with white borders onto one sheet of 5x7 photo paper and matted them onto black cardstock and then onto a piece of the Happy Day paper. 


The photos were then layered onto pieces of the Smile Big (A & B Side) paper and placed onto the layout. with 3D foam underneath to lift them up a little.


Using my Silhouette Cameo and a retro font I die cut the title from more black cardstock and stuck this to the left side of the layout.


Using one of the tags from the sheet of Tag Elements as a base, I created a cluster of  embellishments using pieces from the Floral Bits & Pieces pack and Sticker Book.  I chose pieces which reminded me of summer holidays - sunglasses, ice-creams, cameras, etc and also used alphabet stickers from the sticker book to create a sub-title. The tag was tied with some white string and added to the layout with 3D foam underneath for a little extra dimension.


Next to the photos I placed my journalling using word strips printed on the computer.

Finally, I added a few die cut flowers from the Bits & Pieces pack and flower stickers from the sticker book.

No comments: