Wednesday 12 July 2023

49 & Market Spectrum Gardenia - The Sweet Life

Today I have one more layout using the Spectrum Gardenia collection from 49 & Market. For my design team projects for the Scrap, Paper, Scissors blog I have been using the Painted Foundations papers. Each Painted Foundation patterned paper has a painted effect in a beautiful range of color and the papers give the look and feel of mixed media without the mess. They are a heavy weight cardstock so if you want to add your own extra mixed media they withstand water, etc really well with little warping.

The layout I'm sharing today is very simple but I hope shows that with very little effort you can achieve a decent layout using these papers.

 

As usual, I started  by trimming my patterned paper  by .5cm on each edge and then matted this onto a sheet of Bazzill cardstock. This time I chose black cardstock and using black thread I machine stitched round the edges with a straight stitch.


I wanted to continue the printed paint design further onto the left side of the layout so using an acrylic brush I brushed some matching purple and pink acrylic paint on the layout. Once the paint had dried, to add some texture, I also applied some white gesso to the the layout in various places through a dotty stencil.


Once the gesso had dried, my two photos which were double matted on white and pink cardstock were add to the layout. 3D foam was placed underneath the photos to add dimension.

In the pack of Essential Laser Cut Outs there are lots of lace strips so I used these to embellish the layout, placing them horizontally tone on tone.


I also added some thin strips of the B side of the Painted Foundations Colour Wheel paper too.


One of the American Crafts Vicki Boutin Sweet Rush - Loving This Phrase Thickers was placed above one of the photos as a title. I have chosen a black title and other pops of black on all my layouts using this collection as I think the black really makes the bright colours pop.


Journalling was printed onto strip of white cardstock on the computer and added to the bottom of the layout after the edges of the strips were inked up.


Finally I added the date with pink puffy stickers and a few sequins were dotted here and there.

No comments: