Friday 12 July 2019

Belle Fleur by Photoplay - Happiness is ....

Today I have another layout on the Scrap Paper Scissors Blog using the beautiful Belle Fleur collection from Photoplay. The photo I used on my layout is far from perfect but it makes me smile. 😊


I started with a sheet of white Bazzill cardstock and onto this I stuck horizontal strips of the Belle Fleur patterned papers measuring roughly 2" wide. Using black thread I machine stitched along the bottom edges of the paper strips and using my finger nails I lifted up the edges to give them some dimension.


Using three different paper punches I punched strips of white cardstock which I tucked under the edges of the papers and some washi tape was also added.


I used a very old pre-made string tied pocket as a template to make a pocket from white cardstock. I tied the pocket with some black bakers twine and then attached this and my 4x6 photo to the middle of the layout.


I made a rosette from a piece of the You're Just my Type (B side) paper and attached this to my layout. A 'Choose Happy' sticker was attached to the middle and a very old brad from my stash was placed next to it.

I also made a couple of flags using scraps of paper and cocktail sticks and poked these behind the rosette.



I die cut my title from some black Bazzill cardstock and glued this on top of the paper strips.


The layout was completed with journalling strips printed on the computer, a scattering of sequins and a doodled pen border round the outside edge of the layout.

No comments: