Monday 19 March 2018

Papermaze Design Team - Simple Stories I Am ...

I am very lucky to have been invited by Vanessa to join the Design Team for Papermaze one of the UK's largest retailers of scrapbooking, project life and card making supplies, and have my work published on their Scrap Paper Scissors Blog.


For my very first project, which was published on the blog recently, I was thrilled to be able to work with the new Simple Stories I Am collection. 

I decided to create a 12x12 layout using a photo of Lara and I taken on my birthday several years ago whilst on holiday in Norfolk




For the base I trimmed roughly 5mm off of the edges of a sheet of white Bazzill cardstock and matted this onto a black sheet. I then layered various pieces of the patterned papers which were all matted on more black cardstock and outlined in black pen. My 5x7 photo was double matted on white and black cardstock. 



I used one of the cards from a sheet cut apart sheet and a bingo card (from my stash) to create my title. Co-ordinating yellow Bazzill cardstock was used to create a couple of rosette flowers with enamel dots used as centres. I fussy cut butterflies from one of the sheets of paper which were added to the layout as well as some lace and paper blossoms to soften the look. A tiny camera sticker was added. 


Some of the papers in this collection have beautiful copper coloured foiling so I added some copper coloured stickles to some of the butterflies and some copper coloured sequins were scattered around the edges of my layout. 



Finally I printed my jounalling strips on the computer using a typewriter font and added the date and place with stickers.

No comments: