Thursday 22 March 2018

Be a Pineapple

Last weekend I spent a lovely weekend in Berkshire in the company of a group of crafty friends. The weekend was spent simply enjoying being with each other and catching up on all that had been happening since we last got together whilst also creating beautiful quilts, cards, scrapbook pages, crocheted items and lots more. 

I choose to scrapbook during the weekend and created quite a few layouts.

In December Lara had a pineapple themed birthday party and I decided to create a layout using one of the photos I took on that day. I was inspired by a layout by Crafty Jen Schow which used mists and a quote.

I used a sheet of 12x12 white Bazzill cardstock as my base which I trimmed slightly before matting onto a sheet of black Bazzill cardstock.


I sprayed the left side of the white cardstock with two different shades of Cosmic Shimmer Mist - Mango Blaze and Golden Fish.

Once the mist had dried I used a Silhouette Studio cut file to cut out my quote from more white cardstock which I glued on top of the misted area. To make the lettering pop I outlined each latter with a black pen.


On the right side of the page I stuck a vertical strip of paper from the Simple Stories: A Charmed Life Collection and on top of this I stuck my 5x7 photo which had been matted on black and white cardstock.


I created an embelishment by stamping a Pineapple onto a circle of white card which was then matted onto a slightly larger circle of gold mirror card. This was stuck onto the layout with 3D foam pads to give it some lift. Hearts were also punched form the mirror card and dotted around the page on 3D foam tabs.


The page was completed with a scattering of yellow enamel dots and yellow flat back gems and some splatters of black Heidi Swapp Colour Shine Mist. Tiny stickers from Fundamentals were used to add the date in the bottom right corner.

I loved how the layout turned out. Very different from my usual style.

No comments: