Friday 3 May 2013

My Minds Eye

Last weekend I scraplifted a stunning layout made by US Scrapbooker Malika Kelly for Bella Blvd and Epiphany Crafts.


Malika used a cutting file from the Silhouette Studio and as I had that cutting file I was drawn to her layout.


To match the colours in my photo of Lara I used papers from a 6" x 6" My Minds Eye's 'On The Sunny Side' collection paper pad but the layout would have worked equally well with paper scraps. Cutting and backing all those circles was quite therapeutic.

          

I also added some acrylic dome stickers which I backed with more patterned paper and also some brads. The layout was finished off with a title using Basicgrey stickers.
  
Anyone wanting to create a layout similar to this can get the cutting file from the Silhouette Studio or Jillibean Soup produce a similar die cut sheet called a 12x12 placemat diecut


(Ooops Just realised the date is missing from this photo of the layout. It has now been added to the layout.)

3 comments:

Dawn Ruth said...

Wowee this is fabulous love all those circles

Anita said...

This is such a stunning page Karen and even m ore gorgeous in the flesh! xx

Alison said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! Love the circles and the design - you are partially to blame for my lusting after a Silhouette, even though I can't have one at the mo! x