Friday 17 August 2012

Summer Holiday Crafts - Day 9

Todays craft was a very quick, easy craft because Lara was at a Summer Trampolining and Gymnastics course most of the day.

A couple of years ago I sorted out our office and found a load of redundant 3.5" floppy disks. Do you remember them? I thought at the time there must be some use for them instead of just dumping them in the bin and after searching the Internet I found instructions for making a pen pot from them. I made one and ever since Lara has coveted it.

So, today I helped her make one for herself. We punched holes in the discs using my Crop-a-dile and then it was simply a case of fixing the discs together with electrical cable ties. A little bit fiddly but quite quick to do. Full instructions can be found on espritcabane.com


3 comments:

Linda said...

Great idea for upcycling :)

Anita said...

What a neat idea....love it. Well done Lara xxx

Lynn said...

I just new there had to be a new use for these! Well done Mum and Lara for another brilliant summer craft activity.

Lynn x