We started with a sushi mat and onto it we laid some pieces of white wool.
Then, we laid some blue and green wool to give the impression of sky and grass, and on top of this we laid a piece of tulle netting.
Then the fun started! We sprinkled the wool with some warm soapy water and started to gentle pat the wool down until it was quiet flat.
Then we lifted the net and added a wool sun and some flowers. The net was then put back in place and the patting began again. After patting we began rubbing the whole picture with liquid soap. It was very soapy!
One the wool had all matted together we removed the net and rolled the picture up in the sushi mat and rolled it.
After rolling,the picture was removed and gently rinsed under the tap to remove as much of the soap as possible. The picture was then squeezed dry in a towel and left to dry in the airing cupboard.
Once dry, Lara stitched some beads onto the picture to add some sparkle.
The finished picture.
The flowers are a little large ( more like trees than flowers LOL) but for a first attempt it's not bad and was fun to make.