Sunday 15 July 2012

Scrapology - July Card Challenge

Today is card challenge day on ScrapologyMarion Emberson of Sugar & Spice Crafts has set this months challenge which is to get out your embossing powders and heat gun and create a card using HEAT EMBOSSING.


Heat embossing isn't something have done often so this challenge really was a challenge to me! Instead of embossing a stamped image I decided I would use embossing powders to emboss a die cut shape.

I found a butterfly which I had cut sometime ago using a friend's Marianne Creatables Butterfly die. I inked the butterfly quite heavily with a Versamark ink pad and then embossed it with black powder. The powder gave the butterfly a shiny almost plastic appearance. 

I printed a Word Art quote from 'Create with TLC' onto white card and after matting this on black card mounted the quote and the butterfly onto a card blank covered with black card and paper from October Afternoon's 'Fly a Kite' collection. I finished the card with Heidi Swapp small flower jewels, black ribbon and a diamante ribbon buckle from Mei Flowers.

Please pop over to Scrapology to see the rest of the Design Teams cards and hopefully you'll feel inspired to take part in the challenge.

2 comments:

Anita said...

A truly beautiful card Karen, very elegant xx

Linda said...

Beautiful card Karen x