Thursday 25 August 2011

Third Day of the Fifth Week of the School Summer Holidays - Kusudama Flowers

Today's craft project started with some humble post it notes

Earlier in the year whilst cropping with some friends, Sue made some gorgeous origami flowers. A quick google search will show different variations on those beautiful flowers which I discovered during my search are called Kusudama Flowers.

I thought Lara might be able to manage the folding and after showing her how to make one off she went and created a whole rainbow of flowers - far too many to photograph in fact. As I am posting this she is STILL making more!!! Hopefully she will remember the instructions and be able to make more in the future.
.

They are really dinky and so pretty in the pastel colours of the post it notes. I think they would look really nice as part of a table setting at a girly party.


2 comments:

Anita said...

These are stunning Karen and Lara, really pretty in those pastel colours and I think they would look perfect at a girly party. Sue has made some beautiful bouquets with her ones recently and as far as I know is working on Christmas ones now :)
Can't wait to see what you come up with next.xx

Lynn said...

These are lovely, and judging by the post-it notes must be a cute size too. Enjoyed watching Sue make these too, and saw her make more lat crop. I shall miss these posts when Laura is back t school!