Friday 19 December 2008

6 sleeps until Christmas

19th December and just 6 more sleeps until Christmas Day. The children have now finished school and it is all getting very excited.

Tuesday was Lara's actual birthday and was also the day of her school's Christmas performance. So, after scoffing far too much Chocolate birthday cake (yes we did have a second birthday cake!) we all assembled at the parish church. There were two performances - a traditional nativity play accompanied by some very uptempo singing from the children followed by a musical performance by the 'school band'. Lara had the honour of being Mary in the nativity play which included her singing a solo. Considering she was singing in front of 100+ parents plus all the school children and teachers she did really well.

Wednesday evening was Lara's last 'Rainbow' session before Christmas. They had a Christmas party and at the end of the party a number of the girls, including Lara, made their promises. It was so sweet to watch and considering their age they did really well at reciting their promises.

Since my last post I've opened loads more advent swap presents. All have been lovely and will be really useful especially since I have decided from January 1st to go an a stash diet. I have so much stash and really DO NOT need any thing else. So today I ordered a pack of BasicGrey Bittersweet papers and they will be the last I buy for some time apart from adhesive and the odd sheet of card stock which I will need. I just hope that BasicGrey, Scenic Route and Fancy Pants don't tempt me at Winter CHA!

Hopefully I will be back again before Christmas Day to show you the last few gifts I received in the advent swap.
So until then good luck with any last minute shopping, wrapping, partying, and preparing.

No comments: