Tuesday 4 September 2007

Back to School

Today was the boys first day back at school and the first day at their new schools. We have a three tier school system here - lower, middle and upper schools and in our rural area they are all located in different nearby towns or villages. So today Christopher started at the Upper School in one village and Steven at the Middle School in a neighbouring town. They were both obviously slightly nervous but I was really pleased when they got home to find that they had both had a good day - in fact Steven was positively euphoric! I hope they are both as happy this time next week!


Next week it will be Lara's turn. She starts in the reception class at the Lower School next week and is so looking forward to it - she keeps asking me "how many sleeps is it 'til I go to school". Whilst I know she's ready to start school and know she's going to make lots of new friends and discovering lots of new things. I know I'm going to miss her like crazy. It's going to be hard to get used to not having a child at home during the day after always having a child here for the last 13yrs. However, If one more person asks me what I'll do when all the children are at school, I'm gonna' thump them! What do they think I'm going to do? The same as I do now only quicker and bit easier! Just because I work from home people forget I do actually have a job too (albeit part-time) and think that when the children are at school I'll be sitting around all day twiddling my thumbs!!! I ask you?

No comments: