Friday 17 December 2021

Carta Bella Happy Christmas - Ho Ho Ho

Today I have layout using Carta Bella's Happy Christmas collection on the Papermaze blog. This layout which was inspired by a layout by Suzanna Lee, uses a very simple loose grid design which is great for scrapbooking multiple photos. 

I started by creating my own Ho Ho Ho cut file and cut this from a sheet of white cardstock. The sheet of cardstock was then trimmed down slightly and stuck onto a sheet of red cardstock leaving a narrow border. Using white thread I then machine stitched round the edges.

I created shaker pockets from the Os in the The Ho Ho Ho words using some acetate and silver sequins.  

The words were then stuck back into the apertures using foam squares underneath to raise them slightly and add dimension. They were also slightly offset to give the impression of a shadow.

I layered some of the 3x4 journalling cards and Gift Tags behind my three photos, threaded the tags with some red bakers twine and then placed them on the layout with 3D foam underneath.

Various bits and pieces were used to embellish the photos. I used some pieces from the sheet of chipboard phrases and also some wood veneer Christmas Trees. I used some stars punched from silver glitter card too to pick up the silver in the shaker pockets.

Finally I added the date, cut from some of the red paper from the collection, in the top corner.

No comments: