Friday 19 February 2021

Echo Park Coffee & Friends - Dream Big

I'm back today on the Papermaze blog with another layout using Echo Park's Coffee & Friends collection and today I've scrapbooked some photos of Lara with a giant cup of tea.


I started by cutting a huge tea cup cut file from some smooth white cardstock and backed this with papers from the collection (B side of the Coffee Shop Wall and B side of the 3x4 Journaling Cards papers) and also some olive green cardstock scraps. I also used a piece of kraft cardstock for the 'tea' in the cup.


A piece of white cotton lace was glued to the cut file too for some extra texture.


I then worked out where I was going to place the cut file and my photos on my layout and lightly drew round the outside of these using a pencil on a sheet of 12x12 white Bazzill cardstock.


Using a brickwork stencil and some Tattered Rose Distress Oxide Ink, I stencilled around the area where the cut file and photos would be placed. The Tattered Rose ink was the perfect colour to match the Coffee & Friends collection and created a subtle background.

The pencil marks were then rubbed out and the cut file and photos were stuck to the layout with some 3D foam underneath.


A 'tea bag on a tag' was created using one of the Journalling Cards from the cut apart sheet on one end of a piece of bakers twine and a die cut from the Ephemera pack  on the other end. The tea bag was glued on top of the tea cup and the tag in the top left corner. I used a wet glue to secure the bakers twine in place.


The words printed on the die cut weren't suitable for this layout so I glued a flower fussy cut from the Coffee Shop Wall paper on top to hide this. Two heart pins were added behind the flower.


Tiny pink foam alphabet stickers were used to add a quote at the bottom of the layout.


In my stash I found a label sticker in coordinating colours and tucked this behind one of the photos.

The layout was completed with a scattering of sequins and a doodled border.

No comments: