Saturday 20 June 2020

Pink Paislee Paige Evans Bloom Street - Beautiful Bright Brollies

This layout uses Paige Evan's latest collection ' Bloom Street' for Pink Paislee and was created for the Papermaze blog.

My inspiration for today's layout was the sheet of the #16 paper - but in the end I didn't use it! The paper is covered in multi coloured umbrellas and reminded me of a photograph I took last year whilst on holiday in Wales, We visited Caernarfon Castle one sunny day and whilst there, we stumbled across a street in the town with hundreds of brightly coloured umbrellas hung above it. I don't think the rest of the family were so excited about this discovery but being a scrapbooker I thought it was amazing and just had to photograph it!


I started my layout with a 12x12 sheet of smooth white cardstock from Craft UK. I smooshed some Aqua Lagoon Cosmic Shimmer Mist onto the cardstock using the packaging technique and them rubbed a little white Gesso on top to tone the colour done a little. Some splatters of watered down white acrylic paint were also added. I doodled round the edge of the layout with a black gel pen and added some torn pieces of washi tape. The cardstock did warp a little as result of the mixed media products, but once the layout is put into an album I think it will flatten out.


I backed an umbrella cut file, which I had cut from white cardstock, with pieces of the #7 paper and positioned this on the left side of the layout with foam underneath for dimension. I used the black gel pen again to outline the umbrellas.


My 6x4 photo was matted with white cardstock and then with the #5 paper. I tucked pieces of the branding strip from the #14 paper underneath the top and bottom of the photo and placed the photo on the bottom right side of the layout. I backed a single umbrella cut file with more patterned paper and used this to embellish the photo. The date was added with some Pinkfresh Studio letter stickers from my stash.


I cut some word strips from the #13 paper and put these on top of some of the umbrellas.


I printed my journalling onto white cardstock strips outlined in gel pen and added these to the layout. Clear Dew Drops were also dotted between the umbrellas.


Finally I die cut my title from some scraps of coordinating cardstock and glued this to the layout.

No comments: