Wednesday 15 May 2019

Pink Paislee's Horizon collection by Paige Evans - Fussy Cutting

Today I have another layout on the Papermaze blog  using Pink Paislee's Horizon collection by Paige Evans. I'm really enjoying playing with this collection and the bright colours are right up my street. This layout involved lots of fussy cutting but as the shapes are simple shapes they were really easy to cut out whilst watching TV.


I used two sheets of paper from the collection for this layout (#12 & #20) and a sheet of Bazzill navy 'Moody Blue' cardstock.


I started by trimming a quarter of an inch off of each edge of the sheet of navy cardstock and then matted this onto the sheet of #20 paper. I cut a circle from the centre of the navy cardstock (which I wanted to use to mat my photo on) and then using some watered down white acrylic paint and a paintbrush I splattered paint all over the cardstock.

Once the paint had dried, I  machine stitched round the edge of the cardstock with white thread and also stitched a series of lines radiating from the circle out towards the edges of the cardstock.


I then fussy cut all the petal shapes from the sheet of paper #12 and glued these to a circular piece of scrap card in a flower design and roughly in rainbow order. There weren't many yellow petals so I cut a few extras from some scraps of yellow paper found in my stash,


My 5"x7" photo of my daughter was cut into a circle measuring just under 5" in diameter and was matted first on white cardstock and then on navy cardstock, before attaching to the centre of the circle of petals. The completed flower was then fixed to the centre of the layout (covering the circular hole!) with some 3D foam underneath to give some dimension, My title was added round the edge of the circle using navy Pink Paislee Paige Evans Pick Me Up - Happy Life Foam Thickers. Tiny self adhesive pearls were also added to the title.


I also tucked some white cotton lace under the edge of the circle.



I finished off the layout by gluing coloured sequins to the stitched lines and added the date in the bottom corner of the layout using the white version of the Foam Thickers.


No comments: