Wednesday 18 July 2018

Lazing on a Sunny Afternoon

This basis of this scrapbook layout has been languishing in my WIP box for several years! I started a layout with these papers and photo a long time ago and them lost my way with the layout and so it was put in the box for a day when I felt inspired. Last weekend I decided to start the layout again. That's not something I generally do but I decided to remove the papers from the original background and have another go.


I started with a sheet of white Bazzill cardstock and trimmed roughly a quarter of an inch from each edge. I then used some green watercolour paint and some spray mist to create a messy background.

Using the Paige Evans' 'folded circles' cutting file from the Silhouette Studio I cut 70+ circles from the varying shades of green patterned paper rescued from the original layout which i folded to make the squares for my layout.


The folded squares were glued on the layout randomly and because the papers were double sided the colours from the reverse sides peeked between the squares giving an extra pop of colour.


My 6" x 4" photo was matted on some green paper and placed among the squares. I then dug deep into my stash to find embelishments that went with the green colour scheme.


A 'This Is The Good Life' die cut strip was layered over some of the squares.


A very, very old acrylic square with the word 'relax' was the perfect size and colour to nestle among the squares.


I cut down a project life card and added a sticker and yellow sunglasses button.


I tucked a scallop strip beneath the bottom edge of the photo and used various letter stickers for my title.

A few arrow stickers, sequins, enamel dots and ink splatters were added and the page was completed by matting the white cardstock onto a 12" x 12" sheet of green spotted paper and details were added with tiny black letter stickers.

No comments: