Friday 25 March 2011

Just the Girls

Here's the first of the layout I created at last weekends retreat.



As the journalling explains, being the photographer of the family means I don't have many photos of myself and have even fewer photos of myself and the children. This photo however of Lara and I, which was taken over four years ago at Bideford in Devon, is one of my favourites and I've been meaning to scrapbook it for ages.

I have been following Nichol Magouirk's weekly 'From Start to Finish' videos on Two Peas in a Bucket since the beginning of the year and when I saw her 'You and Me' video a few weeks ago I just knew it would be great for this photo. Do check out Nichol's videos - I love here style and the videos are excellent with lots of tips and design ideas.

I used patterned papers from Cosmo Crickets Girl Friday Line, Bazzill Card Stock. Date Sticker from October Afternoon, Title cut on the Cricut and various little embelishments (buttons, brads, punches, charms and rub ons). I don't use Kraft card stock very often but I kinda like the look and may try using it more.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

It's a lovely photo Karen and you should get that side of the camera more often. Loved seeing this layout take shape at he weekend and will be following up the link.

liz said...

I agree - it was lovely watching the page come together. x