Friday 31 December 2010

New Year Resolutions

Yesterday I found a note on my ipod of the resolutions I had made at the start of 2010. How did I do?


1. Clear the clutter and make some money in the process - We sold so, so, so much stuff on Ebay during 2010. You name it - we sold it. It was a bit of a joke in our house that if something didn't move it got sold! Seriously though, we have got rid of lots of unwanted 'stuff' and made quite a bit of money in the process but where the money went or where the space created by selling the stuff is I don't know


2. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle more - Yep, I have been doing this. Our recycling bin if used far more than the general waste bin and I have been taking glass bottles, etc to the bottle banks and clothes (that can't be sold on Ebay or passed onto friends) have gone to charity shops. I have swapped 16 books on
Read It Swap It this year and made good use of the library rather than buying books.


3. Scrapbook more e.g. one page per week - Hmmmm. I failed on this one. I'm not scrapbooking as much now as I used to but when I do get time to scrap I enjoy it and that's the main thing. Being on the DT for
Scrapology is making sure that I do find time, at least once a month, to scrap.


4. Pass my CiLCA (Certificate in Local Council Administration) - I managed after two years of hard work to finally pass my CiLCA in March. A relief to get it out of the way.


5. Remember to take reusable shopping bags to the supermarket - Hmmmm. This is another where I have failed more than succeeded. Even putting a supply of reusable bags in the boot of the car hasn't helped because I still forget to actually take them into the shop! Having said that, I do my grocery shopping online a lot and have it delivered and by handing the plastic bags back to the driver when he next calls I feel I'm doing my bit

6. Bake every week - Unfortunately another failure. I do bake - but not every week. It a shame I failed on this one because everyone loves homemade cake. I will try harder next year.



So, 3 out of 6 resolutions kept. LOL

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I think you achieved a lot Karen. Looking forward to the next photography challenge and another year of challenges with Scrapology with you.