Saturday 4 December 2010

M is for Multiple photos and Mix 'n' Match at Scrapology

This week a new challenge was launched on Scrapology. This was the layout I came up with.



Rather coincidentally, when the challenge was launched much of the country (apart from where I live!) was in the grip of snow although when I created the layout there was none. I used photos of Lara taken almost a year ago when we had snowy weather.

The layout the design team lifted was by Wendy McKee. I have admired Wendy's paper crafts for a long time and was looking forward to creating a layout based on hers. But Oh! how little did I know how long it would take. I don't know how long Wendy spends on a layout but this one took almost a whole day! It looks so simple to emulate, but Oh! I was so wrong.



This was the sketch that went with the layout.



For my layout I used papers from the Echo Park Paper Company's Wintertime collection, Snowflake embelishments from K and Co, Pom Pom trim from Bazzill and self adhesive gems.

Do pop along to Scrapology to have a look at the rest of design teams layouts - there are some real stunners and another great prize up for grabs.
I'll be back soon with some cards to show you. I've been making Christmas cards for a few special crafty friends but can't show you them until they have been posted.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Lovely LO Karen, sure you have more snow pictures now too x