Tuesday 13 April 2010

A weekend of Scrapbooking

Last weekend I spent my time in the company of a group of wonderful friends who all share a love of crafting. We stayed at Debden House in Essex and scrapbooked and made cards all weekend long and had a really lovely time.



I managed to put together quite a few layouts which I will hopefully post over the next week or so.

For this first layout of Christopher I used a photo I took last year as part of the 365 'A photo a Day' project. I altered the photo in PSE to black and white and spot coloured one of his eyes. I used papers from October Afternoon and Sandy Lion Rouge De Garance, a few buttons and quote was partly printed on a transparency and then completed with lettering cut on the Cricut.



This next layout is of Lara. The photo was taken last summer at my Aunt and Uncles 60th wedding anniversary celebrations. I used papers from Rouge De Garance and Websters Pages, Flutter Vine and Chipboard accent from Prima, Rub Ons from MME, Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, lace, trim, ribbon and self adhesive pearls.


Here's a closeup of the chipboard accent with the rub on title.



The next layout is of Tux. I used the same Rouge De Garance patterned paper that I used on the layout of Christopher, Bazzill cardstock, a mixture of BasicGrey stickers and Cricut lettering (flocked with Doodlebug crushed velvet flocking) for the title, dymo tape journalling, brads and some metal paw print embelishments that I have had in my stash for yonks. The cat embelishment was cut using the 'Animal Kingdom' Cricut cartridge and was coloured with promarkers.


Here's a closeup of that cat embelishment.



The last layout I have to show you today is of Steven. The photo was taken last October at Wells-next-the-Sea. The patterned papers are from BasicGrey and JennyBowlin. The title lettering was from American Crafts and the journalling was created using DIY dry rub off decal paper from Crafty Computer Paper.


Be back soon with some more of my layouts - just as soon as I finish the journalling on them. LOL

2 comments:

Linda said...

Fab LO's Karen, even better IRL. It was a great weekend, went sooo fast though!

Lynn said...

These are all such lovely inspiring LO's Karen. Thanks for your company last weekend.