Wednesday 14 April 2010

A few more layouts

I actually managed to complete the journalling on a few more layouts started at Debden. Don't tell anyone but in my craft cupboard I still have layouts from lats years Debden weekend that I still haven't finished so to actually get these layouts finished so soon is amazing.

The first layout is of Lara when she and her classmates went to the Victorian School at Hitchin for the day. I was lucky enough to go along too as a parent helper and took a few photos whilst we were there but the photos on this layout were taken beforehand.

I used Patterned papers by Scenic Route (RIP!) and October Afternoon. The journalling card is also from October Afternoon. To finish off the layout I added some velvet ribbon, lace, antique effect brads, title lettering cut on the Cricut and the flower embelishments were handmade.



The flowers were made by stamping flower and leaf images onto pages of an old book. The stamped images were then stuck onto cardstock to strengthen them before being cut out. I then curled the edges of the flowers slightly before layering them up and adding a self adhesive pearl to the centre of each. (Thanks Joan for the idea ).



This next layout is of Steven. The photo was taken on one of the many Snow Days we had earlier this year (seems ages ago now!). I used Fancy Pants and BasicGrey patterned paper, gorgeous layered snowflake accents from K&Co (the photograph doesn't do them justice because IRL they are so glittery), ric rac, ribbon and American Crafts Thickers for the title. The journalling was added on a transparency.



The last layout today was inspired by a layout by Wendy McKee. I LOVE her work - so inspiring. I used Patterned papers from the Fancy Pants 'About a Girl' collection, ribbon, brads,
buttons and the title was once again cut on the Cricut.



The pin wheel emeblishments were hand made. Really easy. If you don't know how to make them instructions can be found here. Instead of attaching the pinwheels to sticks, I flattened them and used them as embelishments.



I plan to finish the rest of my layouts later today so will be back tomorrow with those.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

More of your lovely work from the weekend. These are even better IRL. Thanks for sharing.