Wednesday 14 April 2010

Creative Blogger Award



Today Lynn kindly gave me a Creative Blogger Award. Thank you Lynn. In return I have to list 7 crafty things I have done. So here's my list:

1. Top of the list is obviously Scrapbooking. I've been scrapbooking since 2003 - Wow 7 years. That is most certainly the longest that any craft has kept me hooked.

2. I have and still do some card making. They aren't the prettiest cards but hopefully the recipients like them.

3. I did cross stitch for a number of years and have one or two half finished projects still lurking in a cupboard waiting to be completed. When I was pregnant with Christopher 16 years ago I started a Cross Stitch Kit called 'Calendar Bears' that I bought from QVC and I know for sure that that one is still unfinished.

4. When I was at school I studies O level needlework and achieved a grade A. I bought a sewing machine from the electricity board showroom and paid for it monthly from my pocket money. In my late teens and early twenties I made quite a few skirts, blouses, etc but regrettably all my sewing machine gets used for now is for sewing on scrapbook pages.

5. I had a go at glass painting a few years back and decorated glasses candle holders which were sold at one of the Church's Christmas Fairs.

6. I can knit and crochet although I haven't done either for such a long time that it would be quite interesting to see just how well I could now do either.

7. I like to think that I try to use my creativity in my photography. I certainly think more about composing the shot, background, colours etc when taking photographs than I ever used to.

I would like to pass the award onto two people who I consider to be very creative and inspiring. So Deb and Jakey if you happen to read this - the awards yours.

No comments: