Monday 6 July 2009

Photo Editing: Frame-ups and Special Effects - Day 1

A few weeks ago I signed up for one of Jessica Sprague's online courses. Today her course entitled "Photo Editing: Frame-ups and Special Effects" began. The two week course promises to show how to use cool Photoshop techniques such as brushes, masks, frames, and special effects with layers and if the first lesson is anything to go by I'm going to enjoy it.

Todays lesson was all about adding PNG frames and word art to photos. Having been shown in the video tutorial how to do this, I can't believe how easy it is and I will certainly be doing this more in the future. This was my first effort using the free frames and word art supplied as part of the course. I know the colours probably aren't ideal for the colours of my photo but as a first attempt I'm happy with it.



And then I thought I would have a go with some of the digital frames I already had. I had downloaded some previously from various online stores but never really got to grips with them and on the odd occasion I had used them I had printed them onto a trasparency and used them as an overlay on my photos. So much easier to actually add them to the photo before printing.




No comments: