Sunday 8 February 2009

Snow, snow and even more snow.

Th last 7 days have been very, very snowy. This week bought the heaviest snowfall to hit the UK in 18 years and brought a large part of the country to a standstill. The boys school were closed for most of the week (Lara's stayed open all bar Friday) and even Wayne was unable to get into work on Thursday. It reminded me of winters when I was a little girl when we seemed to get far more snow than we do now.

I took LOADS of photos! Here are a few.

Monday, we woke to what we thought was a lot of snow - little did we know what was yet to come! Lara and I built a snowman and she and Steven had a snowball fight.



Tuesday, no more snowfall and we thought it was going to melt away. Steven built a snow creature - I thought it looked like a Moomin!



Wednesday, The schools were all open and we thought that would be the end of the snow.

Thursday, was the worse day! More heavy snow! Wayne and the boys built a huge snowman.






More snow fell Thursday night/Friday morning and it did so for most of the day. More opportunities for the children to play in the snow.





Saturday was, in Lara and Steven's words, 'the best day ever!'. We went sledging on the hill that I used to sledge on when I was a little girl. We all (apart from Christopher who choose to stay in bed!) had a go - even Nana. We all had a great time.










So far today we've had no snow, the sun has been shining and the snow is finally starting to melt. But, the forecasts says we may get more snow tomorrow or Tuesday! Its been lovely but I think now we would be happy to get back to some sort of normality.

Last night Mojo Holder scraplifted a LO by Mara May . Mara designs for Pink Paislee, American Crafts and Sassafras Lass. I used a real mix of papers on my LO - 7gypsies, Rusty Pickle, GinX and CherryArte. I love creating LOs using a combination of papers from different manufacturers especially when they have been languishing in my pile of papers for a long time. That said, I did also use some animal print ribbon that I bought just last week. Here's Mara's LO and mine.


No comments: