Tuesday 17 August 2021

Echo Park Under Sea Adventures - Who Lives in a Pineapple......

Hello again. Karen C here with another layout using Echo Park's Under Sea Adventures collection.


For my Sponge Bob themed layout I started with a sheet of the Fish are Friends paper. The B side of this paper is probably my favourite design from the collection and it instantly made me think of the Sponge Bob cartoons Steven used to watch when he was a child. I trimmed a quarter of an inch from each edge of the paper and matted this onto a sheet of yellow Bazzill cardstock.

Using the Sneaky Sharks paper I matted two photos of Steven with his Lego Sponge Bob model and placed these in the centre of the layout with 3D foam underneath for a bit of dimension.

I die cut 8 tags from cardstock and papers from the collection, and tied them with green Bakers Twine. (I thought the green twine looked a little like seaweed!) The tags were tucked under the tops of the photos to create a home for the title and the twine was glued in place with wet adhesive.


The title letters were die cut from black cardstock and stuck onto the tags.


From a piece of green patterned paper, left over from last months design team kit, I die cut some seaweed and used this to embellish the bottom of the layout.


In my stash I had a Sponge Bob metal die which I have been wanting to use for sometime. This was the perfect layout for it so I cut and pieced the die cut pieces together and added the finished character to the bottom of the layout.

Finally I added a scattering of yellow sequins to the layout and the date.

No comments: