Friday 6 August 2021

Echo Park Under Sea Adventures - Under the Sea

This  layout uses the cute new collection from Echo Park called Under Sea Adventures. Turtles, submarines, sharks, dolphins and friendly fish are all part of this new bright primary coloured under water themed collection. It is perfect for scrapbook layouts about trips to the aquarium or sea life centre, swimming trips and nautical adventures. It would also be great for cards and journals. 

The layout I'm sharing today is a monochromatic layout featuring photos from trips to a couple of aquariums.


I started by matting the B side of the sheet of 3x4 journalling cards onto a sheet of black Bazzill cardstock so that about a quarter of an inch of the black cardstock was visible round the edges.


Using my Silhouette Cameo I die cut, from smooth black cardstock, some coral cut files and attached these to the bottom of the layout.

I then matted six 3x4 photos onto two strips of white cardstock and added these to the layout. 

I only put glue on the sides of the strips so that I could tuck a hidden  journaling card behind one of them.


I typed journaling strips on the computer onto white paper and stuck these to one of the 3x4 journaling cards. I attached a shark, cut from more black cardstock, to the top of the card before tucking it behind the photo so that only the shark can be seen.


I then cut more sharks, a sea horse and seaweed and used these to embellish the layout.



Fish were fussy cut from the Fish are Friends paper and used to embellish the coral reef.


The title was created with foam letter and a few black sequins were scattered over the layout.


Finally I added some stickers from the Sticker Sheet on top of some of the photos..

No comments: