Wednesday 3 October 2018

Berry Sweet

Today I have a third layout on the Papermaze Blog using the Patio Party collection from Pebbles. Although hot summer days now seems a distant memory, my layout captures the memories of summer strawberry picking when the children were small. 


I started with a 12 x 12 sheet of white cardstock which was trimmed slightly before matting it  onto a 12 x 12 sheet of red cardstock and machine stitching round the edge with black thread. 


Three 3 x 4 photos and three pieces of 3 x 4 patterned paper cut from a sheet of patterned paper were matted on some black cardstock. With black thread I machine stitched around the edges of the pieces of patterned paper before arranging these and the photos in a grid in the centre of the white cardstock. Small scraps of paper and some of the die cuts were tucked underneath and around the grid. I also added a couple of tags threaded with bakers twine.



I snipped a small section out of a square wood veneer frame to make it into a rectangular frame and added some vellum to the back of it before sticking to my layout.


Another chipboard piece saying 'Capture the Moment' was the perfect size to fit inside the frame.


Stickers were used for the title and I also added butterflies punched from co-ordinating cardstock. 


I finished off my layout with journalling strips printed onto white cardstock.

No comments: