Sunday 30 September 2018

Life is what you Bake of It

Earlier this month I had another layout on the Papermaze Blog using the Patio Party collection from Pebbles.



The recipe cards in the collection are no doubt intended to be uses as they are - as recipe cards or for making mini recipe books, etc, but I decided to use the cards for journalling about my enjoyment of baking and to also include a bit of family history on my layout. 

I printed my journalling on three of the recipe cards using my computer. It was a bit fiddly and time consuming to make sure it was positioned correctly, but I think it was worth the effort. 


The cards were glued to the left half of a sheet of the patterned paper which I had trimmed slightly before matting onto a sheet of black cardstock. 


I added a whisk cut from black cardstock to fill the space at the bottom of one of the cards.



4 photos which were roughly 3" x 3" square were attached to the right half of the page and a title die cut from black cardstock was added.


Die cuts from the Ephemera Pack were used to embellish the layout and to make these pop a bit I matted them on black cardstock and raised them with some 3D foam. I also outlined some of the elements with a black fine liner pen.

No comments: