Friday 1 June 2012

Scrapology Layout Challenge - W is for White Space

Today is new Challenge Day on Scrapology and this month we scraplifted a great layout by  Phillipsen which was based on a sketch from Pagemaps. The layout featured White Space so that is the featured technique. 


I choose to use some very old photos of Lara taken when she was only about 18 months old and was very interested in some Sunflowers I had bought.



I used Bazzill Cardstock and patterned papers from Echo Park's 'Life if Good' and 'A Walk in the Park' collections. The leaves were cut on the Craft Robo and the sunflower seed packet was downloaded and printed from the internet. I also added a few buttons and the pre-made sunflower embelishments came as part of a kit I bought from QVC years ago.

Here is Rô's original layout ............


........... and the Pagemaps sketch.


Please do go and visit Scrapology and see the rest of the teams layouts and  perhaps join in the challenge. Just use the sketch to create a layout with some white space. 

4 comments:

Alison said...

Bless her little face! Lara looks as if the sunflower will suddenly pop out and say "boo" to her ... I know you struggled with this, but I think it is very striking! I love all the "value added" details ... :lol:

Linda said...

Fantastic layout Karen, just love it all!
x

Anita said...

Oh I just love this bright, beautiful, sun-shiney page so much Karen. Lara just looks so gorgeous. I really love how you have added the pink banner that matches her dress....fabulous all together! xx

Sue Jones said...

really gorgeous!!