Wednesday 10 July 2024

American Crafts Paige Evans - Adventurous - Beautiful Place

For this layout using Paige Evans Adventurous Collection for American Crafts I chose to scrapbook a photo collage using some photos from our summer holiday last year.


I started by layering onto a sheet of 12x12 white cardstock, squares of papers #18 & #19 with more white cardstock between. I used the B sides of the patterned papers but because I want to use the A sides on another project, I carefully gutted the papers before sticking  them down. Using white thread I machine stitched a straight stitch around the edges of the papers.

On top of the patterned papers I placed my square photo collage which I created on my phone in the Google Photos app.


Using one of Paige's older 'layered flowers' digital cut files and some scraps of paper, I created some three dimensional layered flowers to embellish the layout.


I used some white chalk ink to add some interest to the flowers and curled up the petals a little too.

The flowers were placed in the corners of the photo collage with some leaves from the Icon (Floral) Ephemera pack. I like the pop of turquoise the leaves give the layout.


Two tags from the Journalling Ephemera pack were strung with some twine and then added to the layout. I added journalling to one of the tags.


I stamped the date onto a tab and placed this at the top of the layout together with a word cut from paper #1. As the collection has gold foil accents, I matted the word onto some gold mirror card to echo the gold on the tag I had already added to the layout.


I used a word from the sheet of Phrase Thickers and the gold Mini Alphabet Thickers to cerate a title at the bottom of the page.


Finally I fussy cut two butterflies from paper #19, added them to the layout and hand stitched some butterfly trails with turquoise embroidery floss.

No comments: