Monday 27 May 2024

Pretty Little Studio - Good Vibrations - You are Awesome

Another project using the Good Vibrations collection from Pretty Little Studio. 


For the layout I'm sharing today I started by trimming a sheet of the starry eyed paper  and matted this on a 12" x 12" sheet of smooth black cardstock leaving a narrow border round the edges. 


The packaging of the 12 x 12 single sided paper pack includes front and back cover sheets. The back cover sheet shows small preview squares of all the papers in the pack in a 4x4 grid, and so I trimmed this and placed onto the layout. It was perfect for creating a simple grid layout.


My photo, which was just under 5x7, was matted onto black cardstock and placed in the bottom right corner of the layout, covering 6 of the printed squares, and with 3D foam underneath to create some dimension.


I then set about embellishing the layout with pieces from the Seize the Day Die Cut pack and Wildflower Die Cut pack. The packs contains multicoloured phrases, stars & flowers and I chose some which were appropriate for a layout about my son.


The die cuts were raised on 3D foam so that they stood out from the otherwise flat background.


I also added texture with machine stitching round the outside edges of the paper/card layers.


Yellow Enamel dots were dotted here and there.


Finally I printed some details about the photo onto a paper strip and attached this below the photo.

No comments: