Wednesday 21 September 2022

Carta Bella Welcome Fall - Hello Autumn

Today I have a layout that I've created using a digital cut file from Paige Evans and the the beautiful new Welcome Fall collection from Carta Bella. This collection features traditional fall/autumn colours and images of pumpkins, autumn leaves, florals, etc. 

As well as using the new 'Welcome Fall' collection I have also included some scraps of last years 'Welcome Autumn' collection in my layout. 


I started my layout with a sheet of Acorns and Leaves paper. I trimmed about a quarter of an inch from each edge and them matted the B side onto a sheet of white 12x12 cardstock and machine stitched round the edges using white thread.


Using my Silhouette Cameo I then cut Paige Evans Leaf Background file from smooth white cardstock, sizing it so that it would fit my layout with a small border round the outside.

Using scraps of papers from the Welcome Autumn collection and some gold mirror card I backed the cut file.



The backed cut file was added to the layout but before gluing it down I splattered some gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine on the background paper. It doesn't show too well in the photographs but in real life it adds a little extra shine.


My four photos were matted in pairs onto more gold mirror card and then placed on top of the cut file.


I fussy cut some flowers from the Autumn Blooms paper and used these to embellish the page, placing clusters of flowers on the corners of the photos.


I also cut a phrase from a tag in the Frames and Tag Ephemera Pack and placed this on top of one of the flowers as a title.


Finally I added a few gold sequins and the date using letters die cut from the gold mirror card.


No comments: