Friday 19 August 2022

Mintay Papers Lavender Farm - Beatie & Polly

Today I've a heritage layout to share. The collections from Mintay generally have a vintage, distressed feel to them and so are perfect for heritage layouts..... but can also be used for so many other themes. This layout uses the Lavender Farm collection.


I started by trimming roughly half an inch from two sides of paper #4 and then machine stitched this, with white thread, to a sheet of paper #3 leaving a narrow border round the edge.


I then attached my sepia photo to the lower left quarter of the layout with some 3D foam underneath to add some dimension.


I embellished the layout with die cuts from the die cut pack and some purple paper flowers from my stash.



I tucked some white cotton lace underneath the photo too. The lace adds some texture and also adds to the vintage feel of the layout.


Finally I die cut some title lettering from a scrap of purple cardstock and placed this at the top of the layout following the arc of the window printed on the paper.

No comments: