Friday 4 February 2022

P13 There is No Planet B - Let's Make Lemonade

Today I am documenting an afternoon spent making lemonade using P13's There Is No Planet B collection and have chosen items from the collection which fitted that theme.


I started my layout with a sheet of pale blue Bazzill Basics cardstock and in the centre of this I layered a sheet of white cardstock which I trimmed slightly so that a narrow border of blue showed round the edges. Torn strips of washi tape (from my stash) were stuck to some of the edges and then I machine stitched all the way round the layout using white thread. Pale blue watercolour paint was painted onto the background where I planned to position my photos and patterned paper.


I cut a couple of the panels from paper #01 and positioned these onto the background to look like shelves. My four 2.5" x 3.5" photos were matted using some of the journalling cards from paper #05 and these were placed on the 'shelves' with 3D foam underneath to raise them up a little.


More torn washi tape strips were added below the shelves. 


Extra images of lemons, bottles and plants were fussy cut from paper #07 and added to the shelves.


Peach coloured foam letter stickers were used to create the title which was positioned underneath the top shelf.


Finally, I fussy cut a clothes peg from paper #07 and the words 'Home Made' from one of the decorative tags and using some natural coloured twine I created an embellishment cluster in the top left corner of the layout.


I'm really enjoying using this collection. Using soft colours rather than bright vibrant colours on a layout is a refreshing change for me and it's good to step out of your comfort zone every once in a while. 

No comments: