Monday 26 March 2018

Patience and Perseverance


The second layout I created whilst away at my crafty weekend earlier this month featured a photograph of Lara taken whilst we were on holiday last October. We visited Sea Palling one day when the sea was quiet rough. Lara was determined to take a photograph of the wave as they crashed onto the rocks and stood for quite some time trying to get the perfect shot.

I started with a sheet of 12x12 white Bazill cardstock and on the right side of this I stuck a stack of strips of patterned paper which were all 6" wide and varying heights. The strips were cut from scraps of paper in shades of brown and blue left over from other projects.


The white strip with the camera images and word 'click' printed on it was a band of paper which came wrapped around some photos I had printed online. I thought it perfect for this layout and have another similar strip which will doubt be used on another layout.

My 6x4 photo was positioned among the paper strips.


I die cut the words 'patience' and 'perseverance' for my title from black cardstock using the Silhouette Studio and used some blue alphabet stickers from Simple Stories for the word 'the'. These were all stuck in the lower left comer of the layout overlapping the paper strips.

A camera die cut from a pack of Kaisercraft Collectables was also added to the bottom left corner.


My journalling strips were printed on the computer and stuck in the bottom right hand corner overlapping the paper strips.


Wood veneer stars from Studio Calico and enamel dots were scattered on the layout and a black circle with the words 'love this' was added to the top right corner. I finished the layout by outlining the layout in black pen and added splatters of of black Heidi Swapp Colour Shine Mist

No comments: