Sunday 2 October 2011

Scrapology October Layout Challenge - B is for Borders

On Scrapology this month the theme of our challenge is 'B is for Borders'.

The team chose to take inspiration from a layout by Georgia K Keays and I had so much fun creating my layout. I love Georgia's style and the colours in my choice of photos meant I also chose similar papers to those that Georgia used in her original layout. I decided to rotate the layout as it better suited the portrait photos I used.

Over the summer I developed a taste for homemade still lemonade and Lara was happy to make a jug of the drink for me each week. My layout documents this.

























For my layout I used cardstock from Bazzill (black and white), patterned papers from Cosmo Cricket (Blue), Crate Paper (Yellow) and October Afternoon (Text), Leaves and title cut on the Craft Robo, Flat Backed Pearls from Quixotic Paperie, Paper Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and crochet doilies which I bought many years ago whilst on holiday on one of the Greek Islands.




















Here is Georgia's stunning original layout.

























And the sketch drawn by our own Lynn.

























Hop on over the Scrapology to see all the team layouts and then why not create your own layout based on the sketch (and using borders).

3 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful, eyecatching work yet again Karen, I really LOVE this layout..xx

Linda said...

Stunning layout Karen, so clean & fresh :)

Alison said...

This is one of my favourites of your layouts so far! Such complementary colours and such a keen, graphic eye for detail - superb. x