Saturday 12 February 2011

Book Review - It's a Kind of Magic by Carole Matthews

Fantastic Fiction Review: When Emma's boyfriend Leo turns up at her special birthday dinner unforgivably late and horribly drunk, embarrassing her in front of her family, she decides enough is enough. Why can't someone just wave a magic wand over him and bring him back refurbished as a proper boyfriend and save her the trouble? But when Leo meets Isabel and starts changing before her very eyes, Emma realises she should be careful what she wishes for...

Before reading this book I had only read one other book by Carole Matthews and that was some time ago so wasn't entirely familiar with her books. The inclusion of magic and fairy in the story made for a very witty, fun, light hearted read. The characters were likable and believable. Reading the book was, I felt, like reading a screen play and could easily imagine this book being made into a film.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I have read many books by Carole Matthews and I really enjoy them. I will have to add this one to my list!

Anita said...

Love LOVE the new look to your blog Karen, so pretty! I have left an award for you on my blog :)....Anita..xxx

Books Etc. said...

I've read countless Carole Matthews books and love them as well. This one is on my bookshelf (literally. It's right behind me on the shelf) and will likely be a Chick Lit Challenge book for me too! Check out some of her other ones, they're all light and very funny.