Sunday 29 August 2010

Sock Monster 2

Oh dear, has it really been THAT long since I blogged? The school summer holidays are nearly over and have gone so very quickly. During that time we spent two weeks in Dorset and with other activities too I've not had a lot of time for crafting. Next week I hope to be able to show you a layout I have created for a new inspiration blog and I'll be back before then with more details.

This week Lara and I revisited Sock Monsters. Last summer we made 'Jessie' and I promised Lara that this summer we would make her a pal. So this week 'Jimmy' was born.



Unlike Jessie who was made from two socks, Jimmy was made with only one sock and cost the princely sum of just 25p to make. The sock was in a pack of two pairs for a £1 from Poundland and the buttons, felt and stuffing were scraps we already had. I think he's quite cute and Steven has already put in his order for one too.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

We love these sock creatures too Karen, we have a book full of them. Emily made a few some time ago. Love your two, sounds like Lara has inherited your crafty ability.

Anita said...

Awww, I just LOVE Jimmy, he is so cute karen. I had a go at making some a few months ago....alas they ended up like colourful slugs :(.....so good to see you back in blogland :)..xxx