Last year I did a review of my favourite 10 layouts of 2010 so I thought I would do the same this year now that its the eve of 2012. So, here they are:
1. Snow Day - I was able to incorporate Echo Park Journalling Cards in this layout I created for Scrapology. During the year Echo Park has firmly found its place in my list of favourite paper manufacturers.
2. c1915 - I rather surprised myself with this layout created for the March challenge on Scrapology. It was the first time I had scrapped a heritage layout and I was really pleased how the layout turned out, especially since I used very old supplies and handmade all the flowers.
3. Family - More Echo Park paper in this next layout. I love the photo and the bright zingy colours.
4. Sweet Child of Mine - I turned to my old favourite 'BasicGrey' for this layout of Lara. The photo were taken when she was really little and I just love the look on her face and the crochet flowers on the layout were gorgeous.
5. Flying Teddies - I rarely create layouts with card stock backgrounds but this year I have created quiet a few and actually like the look. More Echo Park papers on this layout - told you they were one of my favourites!
6. Ice Queen - Not an obvious choice of paper for this snow themed layout - BasicGrey's Offbeat. The colours in the papers matched the photos perfectly and were perfect. (Watch this space for another snow themed layout using those papers soon!)
7. Lets Go Fly a Kite - This year I became aware of Canadian Scrapper Stephanie Klauck and she inspired me to upgrade the software on my Craft Robo, get a new cutting blade for it and start using it again. This layout was inspired by one of Stephanie's layouts.
8. When Life Gives You Lemons - I think this layout is my absolute favourite layout I created this year. Inspired by Georgia K Keays and created for Scrapology I love the colour scheme and the doodling and was pleased to be able to use the crochet doilies bought on a greek island holiday many, many years ago.
9. Fishing With Dad - another Stephanie Klauck inspired layout using more Echo Park papers and a photo collage created in Picassa.
10. Flower Girl - This last layout was also created for Scrapology and I used some beautiful paper from Prima. The flowers were handmade as was the dress embelishment. I had an idea for making the dress in my head and managed to replicate it.
Happy New Year everyone. Hope 2012 is good for you and your families.
Lots more layouts (and cards) hopefully to come next year.